Vacancy For Engineer In Construction Sector
Oversee, assess and survey data important to construct the project timely, inside of spending plan and to the quality determined by the contract documents. Has supervisory obligation regarding Assistant Engineers, Engineering Assistants, and Interns. The Engineer is the person on the task in charge of building the overall project "on paper."
Reports to: Project Engineer, Project Manager or Project Executive
Project Location : ORLANDO FL US , 32801
Job Type: Full Time
Job Classification: Experienced
Education: Bachelors Degree
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting as liaison with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, other Turner job staff and owner’s representatives in resolving issues related to plans and specifications.
- Overseeing and making decisions related to contract drawings and subcontract information. Ensuring that all drawings and specifications properly relate to the estimate.
- Managing the project budget.
- Managing submittals and shop drawings. Assessing conformance to contract specifications. Resolving any conflicts in interpretation.
- Negotiating change orders. Managing information on changes in the work; preparing an independent analysis, as required; obtaining and checking estimates for the changes from subcontractor; obtaining approval of the architect and owner; and resolving any conflicts.
- Overseeing the close-out process. Preparing final records for the project such as RFI’s, close-out records, warranties, as-builts, operation and maintenance manuals, attic stock, and spare parts, and evaluating information to insure compliance with contract documents.
- Supervising Assistant Engineers, Engineering Assistants, Plan Clerks and Interns, including providing input on performance appraisals.
- Preparing scope of work documents for trades.
- Developing reports such as General Conditions Items, labor, safety, change order logs and quality control.
- Scheduling and managing subcontractor trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings.
Four year certification in addition to at least four years' connected experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Proven written and verbal correspondence capacities; capability with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Uses leading-edge technologies, for example, BIM and LEAN. Capacity to peruse, comprehend and contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Shown initiative and interpersonal aptitudes.